The Blue Line

Rattling on about the 2004 election

Sunday, October 17, 2004

"Did you hear what Kerry said that about Mary Cheney?" -- Some possible responses

(1) "I know! I guess the Republicans just don't know how to take a complement!"
(2) "No, but I did hear that 10 more soldiers died this week in Iraq."
(3) "Yes, and did you hear what the President said? He said Mary Cheney should have fewer rights than me and you... unless, of course... are you gay too?"
(4) "You know what? I think it took Mary Cheney as much courage to come out of the closet publicly as it took John Kerry to face bullets in Vietnam. And I bet he admires that in her. In fact, I know he does, cause he said so at the debate!"
(5) "If you're gonna tell me you're offended... let me tell you something, at least John Kerry didn't lie about her war record and denigrate her service to the country. He simply stated something Dick Cheney already told us, and he complemented her for it."
(6) "Mary Cheney? Isn't she Dick Cheney's LESBIAN daughter?"
(7) "I didn't watch the debates because I was busy trying to figure out how to pay for the increase in my medical insurance."
(8) "I sure CAN believe John Kerry would point out that Mary Cheney is a person, who didn't choose to be gay just to piss off her dad, but is gay because she was born that way. And if Lynn Cheney has a problem with that, she has a serious problem."
(9) "So what's so bad about being a lesbian?"
(10) "Abso-fucking-lutely. It's about time we had a president who isn't afraid to be politically incorrect! It's about time we had someone who'll call a spade a spade, a liar a liar, a tax cut for the rich a tax cut for the rich, and a lesbian a lesbian!"